We are a small but rapidly growing lifestyle brand on a mission to make a difference in the world by preserving nature and the planet with like-minded people. We are seeking a high-energy, experienced team player to join our growing team as a retail sales associate + assembly artist at our Berkley Michigan design studio + flagship store. Day-to-day work will include taking care of and checking out customers in our retail store. It will also include a variety of product assembly tasks in our studio in between taking care of customers, such as folding, bagging, stickering, tying ribbons, stamping, etc.
This position will be scheduled to work two rotating Saturdays per month and share part of the closing shifts monthly on Thursdays and Fridays when we have extended shopping hours until 6 pm. We are closed Sundays, as well as on all major holidays. Unlike most retail stores, you will not be asked to work on Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, the Day after Christmas, New Year's Day, Labor Day weekend, Memorial Day weekend, etc., as team balance is a core part of our culture.
If you're looking to work in a small-team environment while making a positive impact on the planet every day, with an opportunity for growth, this may be a great fit!
- Greeting and checking out customers.
- Support order fulfillment for e-commerce + wholesale orders.
- Work with the product team to assemble products to keep stock in our design studio.
- Keep the sales floor area clean, stocked, and organized while reporting low inventory to the store manager.
- Opening and closing duties as scheduled.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAITS
- Past retail or restaurant customer service experience is a must.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude toward customers.
- Treat others with respect and dignity in our inclusive team environment.
- Ability to be managed and receive feedback.
- Positive, "no task too small" attitude.
- Intuitive and teachable in product assembly and quality standards.
- Ability to work with your hands assembling small components.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy while working quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to jump in and help on a task that might not be in your immediate wheelhouse.
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration.
- Ability to stand for 3-4 hours at a time.
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
- Hourly compensation commensurate with experience.
- Closed all major holidays
- Employee Discount
- Plant-filled, positive team environment
- Additional benefits available for full-time team members
Apply with your resume to email@example.com | Walk-in interviews are not accepted at this time